Thursday 27 September 2012

English Studies >.< .. y u no good to me...

Today was the English Studies Trial. It was the Final Examination ES paper last year that our senior had taken. It was difficult. Haha... The paper consists of structure and essay question. We have to complete it in 3 hours. The section A was the poem entitled 'Night Ride' by Herbert Read and the section B was the short story 'Quiet Hour' by Sarah Salway. The short story is very interesting to read while the poem it is hard for me to read between the lines. Done my best to analyse it >.<.  huuu...  Both of this section, is unknown which means we have never study this things. It all depends on the concept that apply or based on our understanding. It was expected that our trial paper was our senior's paper that our class will take but I just focus on it 50/50 when I do my revision last night. For essay questions; section C and D, are way more difficult.....I don't know what I have written on it. Plus my hand writing was hideous ! I hope Madam is able to read it. 

I managed to take a picture. heee~


After Madam had collected our paper, she asked how was the trial? I was like... 'Haaaard' ... (ohmyyenglish..typical malaysian.. correction in my mind that time : difficult ;) ) . I told her the poem was difficult. Then all of the sudden, she went through the paper and saying it was easy. Then on the spot we had a discussion for our trial.. I was like gosh... do we have to do it right now >.< . There I found out that one of my answer that I have rubbed off was correct !!! ARGHHHHH !!! whyyyy......damn. 

Why do you think the lovers are on the journey? <<< something like this.

First answer: The lovers are on the journey because they want to have their own life together as their relationship was not approve.

FINAL ANS: The lovers are on the journey because they want to go somewhere by taking the night bus. <<< wtf. !@#$% 

here is the poem... 

Along the black
leather strap
of the night 
deserted road

swiftly rolls
the freighted bus
Huddled together
two lovers doze

their hands linkt
across their laps
their bodies loosely
interlokt

their heads resting
two heavy fruits
on the plaited
basket of their limbs

Slowly the bus
slides into light
Here are the hills
detach'd from dark

the road, uncoils
a white ribbon
the lovers with
the hills unfolf

wake cold
to face the fate
of those who love
despite the world.

Ohya... I think I did well my Language Description Trial than English Studies. I think. Hope so :3

No comments:

Post a Comment